I am not usually much of a dressing kind of girl. In general, I think a salad is just perfect with a little bit of fresh squeezed lemon and some sea salt. This weekend, however, I wanted to try something different…. This mock caesar salad is what I came up with. I hope you like it as much as we did!
Mock Caesar Salad
- 2-3 Heads of romaine lettuce (I used the crunchy parts of my red leaf lettuce because that’s what came in our CSA this week….)
- Juice of one lemon
- 3/4 Tsp. of sea salt
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic (less if you aren’t much of a garlic lover)
- 1 Tsp. of honey
- 1 Tbsp. of unpasteurized white miso
- 2-5 Tbsp. filtered water (to desired consistency)
- 1/3 Cup of raw tahini
- 1/3 Cup of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of ground flax seeds
Chop the lettuce into bite sized pieces and set aside. Thoroughly blend all remaining ingredients except for the flax seeds. Toss lettuce with dressing and sprinkle flax seeds on top.