I had to get creative this weekend when Chris forgot to pick up the main ingredient for the salad dressing that I was really craving …. What could have been a disaster turned in to a dressing that he and I both ended up loving! I hope you enjoy this simple recipe as much as we did!
Pecan Date Dressing
- 1/3 Cup of Pecans (soaked in filtered water for 2 hours or more)
- 4 Pitted Medjool Dates (soak them for 30 min. in filtered water if yours aren’t already soft)
- Lime Juice from 1/2 a Lime
- Filtered Water (to desired consistency)
**** You can use anything you like for your salad, but this is what was in each of ours …. (yes, we eat BIG salads)
- 1 Head of Leafy Green Lettuce
- 1/2 of a Large Cucumber
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Corn off the Cob (2 Cobs)
Blend all of the dressing ingredients together in a high speed blender until you reach a creamy consistency.
Chop all salad ingredients into bit size pieces and pour the dressing over the salad. Mix to combine well and enjoy!